Naira Marley has been in the news for almost a month now, at first for the positive reasons and then to the negative ones which has so condemned him to be in a position every human being dreads so much, going to prison.
With the current buzz he is getting, it’s still shocking that some music fans do not know who Naira Marley is and that is why we have compiled a list of ten things you never knew about Naira to get you familiar with the currently-heavily trending artiste.
Ladies and gentlemen, here are 6 facts about Naira Marley:
- Naira Marley has dual citizenship. He is Nigerian and at the same time a British citizen
- He was born in Nigeria but relocated to the United Kingdom at the age of 11
- He never had the aspiration to become a musician but a hypeman/MC until he later discovered his talent in music
- He is the owner of 2017 street hit single; “Issa Goal”
- His remix of “Issa Goal” which featured Olamide, Simi, Falz & Slimcase was adopted by the Nigerian Football national team as their theme at the 2018 Fifa World Cup in Russia
- He is the number one street gangster in the street of Peckham in London, England
- He has been arrested 124 times in the United Kingdom
- He was arrested by the EFCC in Nigeria on the 10th of May, 2019 at about 5;30 am in relation to cybercrime.
- He has an 11-count charge leveled against him by the anti-graft and crime agency
- He will appear in court to answer to his charges on Monday, 20th of May, 2019 and if found guilty, he will likely face 7-years in jail.